Welcome to The Cafe' Experience!

This is a site dedicated to my thoughts on coffee, one of my favorite subjects. Feel free to share your thoughts and comments. However, please refrain from any abusive or disrespectful language as it would taint the beauty of the coffee dialogue.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Illy issimo

I need to get back on my schedule of waking up at 5AM.  I just got back from a vacation and it's thrown me off.  I intend to try my best to wake up tomorrow at 5AM, pray, workout, eat breakfast and have my coffee in silence.  I really enjoy it when I am drinking coffee in the early morning, family is asleep and I'm sitting outside on the deck greeting the morning.  Gives me time to refocus my thoughts, write out my to do lists and make more lists for my to do lists, or just chill.  Writing about it is a good motivator, but the next challenge is to force myself to go to bed by 10PM.  That isn't always easy, especially when it has the same elements of that early morning coffee -- kids asleep and quiet house. 

Today, I had to make a Whole Foods run and came across the prepared cappuccino drink by Illy - issimo http://www.illyissimo.com/ .  I only tried the cappuccino version and the taste was not bad, it was low in sugar and 100 calories, but low on the caffeine content as well.  I rate this by the fact that I basically conked out after drinking it.  Now, that could be it was at the low time of my day -- around 5PM, but all in all it wasn't bad.  At $7.99 for four cans, I thought it was a bit costly.  So, I probably won't be buying it again, but I was trying to recreate my earlier Illy experience and failed. 

My two cents for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment